Founded by: Cameron Sandage
Photography: Benjamin Padolsky
Part individual creative expression, part curated poster show, and part non-profit fundraiser. The Afterhours poster show aims to bring together the central Texas community around a given local non-profit every year. The goal is to raise awareness for the non-profit and also provide some financial support through poster sales at the event each November.
Canvas Battle is a live drawing competition that takes place during the Afterhours event. Four artists are armed with markers and given 90 minutes to create a piece of work on the spot. Each artist was given a 24x36 blank canvas and a theme to create a unique piece of art that is raffled off to a lucky winner.
- Working with Afterhours founder to acquire sponsors for the event
- Securing donations
- Conducting research to identify potential artists and sponsors
- Composing pitch emails
- Coordinating logistics for the event
- Communication and coordination with Canvas Battle artists
- Purchasing supplies
- Designing swag for canvas battle artist and marketing